POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Candle / media : Re: Candle / media Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Candle / media
From: Scott McDonald
Date: 13 Apr 1999 14:11:04
Message: <37137AA3.C09B45A2@metrolink.com>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> The washout may be caused by a too low / nonexistent absorption in the
> media. In 90% of cases, you have to use some absorption along with emission.
> The candles look good, but I guess without translucency... Ah well, I will
> say no more until I can show off my translucent candle. Lance's is a good
> example, but that's MAX.

ahhh.  i'll poke around a bit with it some more tonight i guess.  Do you
have any examples of good absorption settings?

> BTW, your dragon would deserve a name by now, don't you think? :)

He has one.  he's a Virtual Urban Dragon.  For more info on urban
dragons check out my site - http://www.urbandragons.com

|Colin Scott McDonald                                  Metro Link, Inc.|
|                veni, vici, volo in dominum redirre                   |
|sco### [at] metrolinkcom                                  www.metrolink.com|